I am going to post an unboxing here for the ShelfLoveCrate for July 2017. ShelfLoveCrate is a subscription box company whose themes usually focus on YA fantasy and sci-fi. I’ve been subscribed to them since their first box (which I almost missed out on but luckily got when they had extras go on sale), and so far not a single one has been disappointing!! The packaging it beautiful, with the inside lid saying “Your magical journey starts now…” and they tie everything up under tissue paper and string and it’s so, well, magical!!
So, this month’s theme was “Shakespeare’s Mystery Town.” I kind of knew what the book was going to be because I had an egalley of it (and actually read it last month), so I was definitely excited for this box! I’ve actually been on a Shakespeare kick lately – I recently read Much Ado About Nothing and Twelfth Night – so I knew I was going to be pleasantly surprised.
Alright, spoilers ahead so stop reading now if you don’t want any.
The book was The Disappearances, by Emily Bain Murphy and there were several items included in the box, which were:
- A “To tea, or not to tea” mug by Ora Arts
- A packet of “Midsummer Night’s Dream” tea from First Edition Tea Co. (This is a blend of lemon, sage, ginger and ginger, plus some other ingredients – one of which is nettle which is great for allergies yay – and let me just say tastes wonderful. In the picture I will post below, you will see that I put it in a tin because that keeps it fresher longer and also it’s easier to scoop from).
- A pocket sized Shakespeare: The Complete Plays in One Sitting
- A pocket mirror featuring the star quote from A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas by Catarinabookdesigns (which I forgot to include in my unboxing picture above, so here it is)
- There was an art print by TJ Lubrano featuring characters from the book itself
- A Strange the Dreamer (by Laini Taylor) inspired pillow (case?) designed by Shelflovecrate themselves
- A postcard featuring the night sky viewed from a window, designed by Night Cat (I can’t actually find a correct link to the right artist for this one so I will add it later once I do)
- Plus bookmarks (one featuring a quote form the book), a letter from the author (with a print on the back quoting the book as well), and a signed bookplate!
Overall, another excellent box from ShelfLoveCrate!! I am so happy I am subscribed to them and I can’t wait for their next box! By the which, the August’s theme is “Wild Heart” and I hear it is going fast, so grab yours soon!!